Indianapolis Corporate Discount Program
Would your company like to join Eli Lilly, IU Health, Dow AgroSciences and others in offering discount seats to Broadway in Indianapolis productions to employees, friends and family? Of course they would! Here’s how.
If your company employees more than 100 people and would like to set up a promo code perks offering, please contact Chris at 317-632-5183 to make arrangements. There is no cost to the company. The only requirement is that you provide your employees with the ticket link and Promo Code. Your employees can then order tickets for the exciting Broadway productions that will play Indianapolis
Indianapolis Group Pricing Sheets
The best way to get in touch with the Group Sales Department for tickets is to fill out the online request form for the show in which you are interested. Other questions or concerns can be directed to a Group Sales Representative by emailing Christopher.Sneider@BroadwayAcrossAmerica.com or calling 317-632-5183.
Please visit our Groups section on the Help page.
Boston Printing Group Promo Code Tickets
How to print tickets at home:
Printing tickets at home is referred to as Ticketfast®. If you opted to Ticketfast®, click on the
link below. This URL will take you to Account Manager, an extension of the Broadway in
Boston Group Sales Department, and available to you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a
week. This online account will allow you to manage all of your online group sales ticket
purchases. You will continue to use the same URL and account for all online group ticket
purchases. We recommend you save this URL to your favorites.
- URL: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/aps/baabos/EN/account/login
- Account: You may login using your account number or email address associated to the account.
- Password: enter your password in the field directly below the account
If you’ve forgotten your password, click on “Forgot Your Password?” link and type in your
email address. Upon submission, you will receive an email with your password.
• Select ‘Manage My Tickets’
• Select an event
• Select ‘Print’ within the dropdown
• Select seats that you wish to print.
• Once satisfied, click ‘continue’ to proceed into the print process.
On the confirmation page, click the ‘print’ button. Your tickets will open as a PDF file and may
be printed on any standard printer. All you need is Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher.
Note: Once you click the ‘print’ button, the downloaded tickets will be required for entry to the
event. You cannot use any tickets that may have been previously issued or printed.
TicketFast® allows you to print your tickets right away. A
PDF file will render the tickets and you can either print them now or later. All you need is
Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher (free). Bring the TicketFast® ticket to the event, your
tickets will be scanned and you will be admitted.
Yes. The ticket that comes out of your printer is
a valid, legitimate ticket. Make sure you keep it in a safe place like you would with cash.
How many times can I download and print tickets for the same seats?: You can
download and print tickets as many times as you wish.
Only the first scan of the barcode on your ticket will be allowed entry. Make sure you keep it in a safe place
as you would with cash. If more than one copy were to arrive, the barcode scanner will alert
the attendant that the ticket has already been scanned. If there is a dispute, the purchaser’s
name and the last four-digits of the credit card used to make the purchase are on each ticket
and the Box Office will be notified.
You may download and print tickets up to two (2) hours prior to the start of the event.
Check your browser’s security settings to make sure you have enabled ‘File Downloads’ and ‘Meta Refresh’.
If you are using Internet Explorer 5.0 or above:
On the menu, select Tools -> Internet Options…
- Select the Security Tab
- Under the Web content zone, select Internet Choose Custom Level…
- Make sure Downloads -> File download is set to Enable.
- Make sure Miscellaneous -> Allow META REFRESH is set to Enable.
If you are having difficulties printing your tickets, here are some tips to help you get your tickets printed.
- Check to make sure you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0 or higher. If you don’t have it, download it, it’s free!
- Make sure your printer is on and the cables are connected to your computer or network.
- Make sure your printer has enough memory available, try closing any unnecessary programs.
- Lastly, contact your local group sales team for further assistance at 617-482-8616.